Friday, March 1, 2013

Christmas in February?

It might seem a little odd that I'm posting pictures of newly completed Christmas stockings in February, but with all the snow we received lately, it fits.  We had more snow in the last week than all winter long.  6 inches last Friday, 4 inches on Tuesday, and constant flurries the past two days.
I started with these three pieced stockings.  Then my husband said, "Those stockings look girlie, I don't want a stocking like that." So then I made a couple solid ones with extra material from the tree skirt.  Now we have lots of room for our family to grow.  After Christmas I found some stocking hangers that spelled out PEACE, hence the five stockings.  Guess we will just use a couple stockings next year for our dogs, Cooter and Ace.

Here is a backside view of all the stockings.  I really like the square backing.  I wish I had used it on the front side of one.  

I'm calling dibs on this one!  The zig zag of this chevron pattern really pops with the white every other row. Maybe in the future I might start a small quilt using this technique. 

 Here is a 3" double hourglass pattern I used from Cluck, Cluck Sew.  I just LOVE her blog!
Finally I made a 3" pinwheel stocking.  When Christmas rolls around again I will have to post a picture of them hanging from their stocking hangers above the fireplace. I was going to drag them out, but I think they are in the back of the cupboard somewhere. (Hopefully by then our kitchen remodel will be finished and therefore I will have repainted the livingroom getting rid of the flowery border.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment