Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Birthday Surprise!

A good childhood family friend, Katie, had her first baby last week. The lucky duo have the special blessing to share the same birthday.
This hour-glass quilt I made for her baby shower a couple months ago.  Katie's grandma always called her Miss Bird growing up, which is why this fabric was perfect. The coordinating material has a bird theme to it.   
 The hour-glass pieces were made from left over piece I had from a rag-quilt I made last year.  I paired it will white to give it a crisp look.  After using all the coordinating material the quilt was still too small, so I added a border of solid brown and white pieces. 
 I finished it off with a pink heart backing and simple machine quilting.  Welcome to the world Sophie!


No comments:

Post a Comment