Thursday, February 28, 2013

OPA love

My god-daughter turned one a week ago.  Her mother and I along with 6 other college friends had a thing for pink boas and flamingos.  Our close-knit group of friends enjoyed dancing at each other's weddings to Rescue Me by Wynonna Judd.  No matter how long we have been apart, it's like no time at all when we are together.  We can't wait to break out in song and dance one more time, but take your time to find Prince Charming. 

Until then, I will make cute flamingo totes for the next generation of OPA gals. 
 
I made a simple canvas bag, but spiced it up with a pink flamingo on the front.  Then I used extra black polka dot material to line the inside. 
 

 
I have one more to make for July.  Then I have to wait for another OPA girl to be born...who's it going to be??

2 comments:

  1. A big thank you from Natalie! :) She feels super loved (and stylish).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS!!!!! You are so talented and crafty! I think Henry and I need to come stay with you this summer and you can teach me all you know! Well not everything, but maybe one thing so I can have a hobby. :)

    ReplyDelete