Monday, November 10, 2014

Baby Koopmann

        My cousin and his wife are expecting their first precious bundle at the end of December.  Boy or girl nobody knows, but this darling baby quilt can go either way.   
        This quilt was made from some oink-a-doodle-moo fabric line that was out last fall. 
         I love how the cow, horse from picture above, and barn are framed in their square. 
      The lighter blue fabric has baby chicks with chicken scratches while the darker blue fabric has different colored horse hoof prints.  I feel in love these prints online, but it took me a long time to figure out how I exactly wanted to put them together.  I'm very pleased with how it turned out. 
        For the backing I used some extra squares from the front mixed with a gray & shimmery print.  It's almost pretty enough to be the front except the quilting doesn't line up with the squares. 

No comments:

Post a Comment