Friday, October 31, 2014

Repurposed wedding decorations

        For our wedding I made table runners in both green & yellow.  They have been hanging out in tubs in our spare bedroom since then.  Now with a baby we can use all the extra space we need.   I decided to make play dresses for some lucky little girls in my life.    
          Here is my version of Tinkerbell.  The purple was also apart of the décor.  The only thing I didn't have on hand was a little bit of tulle to fluff the skirts up.  After making four copies of this dress, my green stash is much lower and the purple is gone.   

         The yellow ones are my version of Belle from the Beauty and the Beast.  The pink thread adds a little bit of flair around the neckline.   A lot of these had burned holes or candle wax on them.  Therefore my yellow stash was much smaller, so I made only two copies of Belle.
        My grandma had a family reunion this past weekend when I gave three dresses to some cousins.  The youngest was more interested in finding a quiet place to play, but that is why I made her dress a little bigger for when she grows into it and a more interested in playing dress up.  For now it fits her older sister, Anna. 
       It proved to be more challenging than I thought to capture a good picture of both girls in their dresses.  Anna was such a little poser.
         Jenny on the other hand didn't want to stop playing long enough to get a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment