Friday, June 13, 2014

All things baby!!

        With 6 weeks to go, a rainy week provided the perfect weather to make progress for all things baby.  I was able to finish a crib skirt, teething cover, and baby boy quilt.  
         Project #1 Using a pinterest tutorial with my own modifications, I created this crib skirt that should coordinate well with baby girl or baby boy things.  At first the skirt was going to just be the gray/white striped fabric, but when there was a little bit of extra solid gray from baby boy quilt I could resist the extra touch.   
       Project # 2 Crib rail protector for future teething baby.  I know we are a little ahead of the game here, but I couldn't resist especially since soon my sewing room will be turned completely into the baby's room. 

      Project # 3 Baby boy quilt is a chevron quilt complete with red barns on the front and a variety of tractors on the back. I will post pictures soon of the finished project. Just waiting for a sunny day to snap a few pictures of it.  Above is a preview of the fabric choices, though.
     If you are wondering about baby girl quilt look closely at the first couple pictures.  I'm still in the piecing stages, but the crib is providing a nice table to lay it all out on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment