Monday, April 7, 2014

Ocean Breeze

         A good friend of mine and her husband are having their first baby in August.  They recently moved to California and I thought this color combination was perfect for them.  The turquoise, orange, and gray triangles give off the feel of cool ocean breezes and brilliant sunsets. 
             Last winter I stumbled upon the owl print and fell in love with it.  After finding coordinating fabrics I started piecing it together.  Cutting and piecing all the small triangles became tedious and I found myself packing it away.  Then when I found out they were expecting, I dug it back out to finish it before the baby shower this weekend.  Seems I always need a deadline to complete a project.
         Upon completing the front I discovered there wasn't enough of the white with gray polka-dot fabric for the backing.  Since its been sitting in my closet for over a year, there wasn't a chance to get 1/2 a yard more.  That's when I decided to piece together strips of extra fabric from the front.  At first I wasn't sure how it would look, but I really love the interest it adds.
         Here's a close-up of the quilting. 
        

No comments:

Post a Comment