Sunday, December 22, 2013

Country Girl

      
It's the Fourth Sunday of Advent and this is my last Christmas present to wrap.
 
         While checking out one my favorite online fabric shops on Black Friday, I came across this Sasparilla line of fabric on sale.  Instantly, I fell in love with the cute cowgirl print.  So I decided to make a throw for my brother's wife, who loves horses.  The Sasparilla line's color palette was more yellow, gray, and light blue with one red and navy print. Since my sister-in-law decorates with much more of a country theme in her house, I added some brown and tan prints from the Honky Tonk line.  Luckily it all went together nicely. 
        It's actually been finished for a couple of days now, but the lighting in the house wasn't favorable to taking pictures.  Last night's freezing rain topped off with an inch or two of snow provided the perfect background this morning. Then I just had to sweet talk my husband into holding it for a quick snap shot and by quick I mean quick.  Hopefully she will enjoy her new quilt on Christmas Eve!
     
 



No comments:

Post a Comment