Friday, May 24, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

 
       I'm reminded every time I mow the cemetery of those who came before us, the sacrifices they made, and the legacy they left.  Even though these gravestones are from the 1800's and are hard to read, I know these are the people who helped establish the Catholic Church in my hometown.  
 
 
     Sadly, when I started trimming on Wednesday I noticed the crucifix which should be standing tall behind the outdoor altar at the cemetery blew down in Sunday's hailstorm.  Jesus landed right on the altar and broken into a million pieces.  Thankfully Mary and John are still standing. 


       Thank you to a handy Dad and great neighbors, who let you borrow their mower when yours breaks, the cemetery is ready for another Memorial Day!  Hopefully after a slipped drive belt, a flat tire, and dead battery my mower is ready for another hot summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment