Wednesday, January 23, 2013

God's Portion Day Rag Quilt

Each year SPPS has an auction to raise money for the school.  Each teacher plans a project for her class to complete and auction off.  I decided to have my class make a quilt this year.  I figured a rag quilt would be quick and simple enough.  The day of the auction came and I was expecting to send this quilt home to a lucky student's home to be enjoyed for years to come.  Instead my dad surprised me by bidding on it since 2012 was my last year.  I was getting married and moving during the summer.  Now the quilt rests in my livingroom reminding me of all the happy years I spent teaching at SPPS.
This is my last class of 3rd/4th graders with the quilt on the castle. You might be able to read each student's name is appliqued on which besides for the fridge is the only part I did.
The students cut the pieces.
Then they sewed the three layers of flannel together with an X shape.
Finally they sewed all the pieces together to make rows.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment