Thursday, February 4, 2016

LOVE

      One last sewing project to share.  Now that I got my sewing fix, it is time to get back to sanding and painting.  Winter is flying by and I still need to get the bathroom done and 4 heaters painted.
     Using some leftover binding scraps from earlier project I was able to create three hearts and spell the word LOVE.  
       The most challenging part of this whole project was figuring out how to get the angle just right on the V and still keep it the same size as the L and E.  If I were to make this again.  I would reduce the spacing between the heart O and other letters.
       For the backing I found a print with cupids arrows flying around.  The perfect ending to a Valentine's table runner. 
       I found this print on pinterest of I Corinthians 13:4-8.  Then I had to print it off and frame it.  Last Sunday this was one of the readings and Fr. Tony had a perfect homily to go with it.   He told a story using this reading to reflect on how a parent struggling with depression and alcoholism, the spouse, and child might interpret it.  I wish I could have given my full attention to it.  As the case with all mothers, our attention is often distracted by little ones. 
       
        

No comments:

Post a Comment