Thursday, July 11, 2013

Summer Fun

        Some people visit the pool when the temperatures start rising...not me.  I started painting things around the farm. 
 
       First on the list was these diesel fuel barrels my sister-in-law painted years ago. Too bad the cow was badly rusting, he was kind of cute.  On a positive note, the shade tree would provide some protection from the heat. 
       
        Every evening while I was painting these, an elderly neighbor stopped by on his daily drive to town for dinner. During our chats he said he was sad to hear I wouldn't be painting the cow back. 
        As you can see, though, my painting skills are very limited.  They look pretty good with a fresh coat of paint.  Just don't look too close.  
        Next up was the fence behind the fuel barrels.  Last year my husband rebuilt the fence using treated lumber.  They say you are supposed to let it weather for a year before you paint it which meant it was time to paint them.
       Now that I'm done with that we can put cows in the front pasture to eat down all the tall grass. 
       

         
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment