Monday, June 10, 2013

Weeds, weeds, and more weeds

       With all the rain and work on the bin, the garden was put on the back burner.  After one long hard day, I was able to till between all the rows, and hoe between the plants to get the weeds under control.  In the picture you can see a row of peas, two rows of green beans that are trying to recover from a bug attach a couple weeks ago, a row of onions, a row of broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and brussels sprouts, and a row of corn.  We also have sweet potatoes, red potatoes, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, big boy tomatoes, radishes, beets, carrots, okra, cucumbers, and zucchini. 
 
       Once I got the whole garden tilled I added four more rows of sweet corn, a few eggplants, pumpkins, and watermelons.  Since this is my first year planting in our garden it will be interesting to see how well each vegetable does.  

       Earlier in the spring you might remember I planted different fruits.  Well here is our strawberries now.  I was able to pick a cereal bowl full of strawberries. In the background is the new grass seed I planted.  It did come up, but there are many weeds that joined it. The other parts of the yard came up without the weeds, luckily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment